Well it’s Christmas Eve as I write this article. If you celebrate during this time of year, you know how difficult it can be to keep your head straight and productivity rolling forward. Even after Christmas, my productivity tends to come to a screeching halt. Perhaps you are forgetful or easily distracted like me? Well, technology has significantly improved my work habits through streamlining various tasks and reducing distractions in an average day. Here are the most useful tools I’ve found to improve my work ethic while using my computer.
Maximize Productivity With Google Calendar
Google Calendar is one of the most integrative and user-friendly calendar programs I’ve used to date. It syncs with almost every device imaginable. It can be accessed from your phone, tablet, computer, etc. It helps me to keep organized more than ever before. I never was able to commit to a paper calendar. However, Google Calendar sealed the deal for me.
Here are some of the biggest advantages to using an electronic calendar over a paper version:
- Your calendar is everywhere you are. Modify your schedule at any computer, your phone, tablet, etc.
- Your schedule feels more fluid with easy drag-and-drop features.
- Set alarms, input addresses for GPS, etc.
Maximizing Productivity With Online Activity Optimizers
- Newsfeed Eradicator – a Google Chrome extension that replaces your Facebook Newsfeed with an inspirational quote. There are times where I get sucked into hours of clicking articles or videos on Facebook. This can be very stressful after realizing I just wasted so much time and got nothing done.
- Self Control or Freedom Applications – Self Control (Mac) and Freedom (PC, Mac, and Mobile) can be used to block websites for a preset amount of time. Obviously, if you are trying to get a project done, tools such as these could be invaluable. No matter what you do after activating the software, you will not be able to access the websites on your device. Freedom has the advantage of working with all platforms, including mobile.
Keep On Top Of Your Life With Evernote
Evernote is a digital multi-platform notebook application. It works on nearly all devices. It allows you to sync all your notes, clips, pictures, etc. It is incredibly easy to cut and paste from the internet, make to do lists, and more. It is user-friendly, intuitive, and FREE. The company does have paid versions of the program with more options, but I have not explored those at this time. If you don’t have a efficient system to organize your life, I highly encourage you to check out Evernote.
Never Miss A Yummy Meal With Plan To Eat
Plan To Eat is a digital meal planning software. I previously recorded a full review of the product here. This software has revolutionized my life. I used to waste an incredible amount of food because I didn’t know how to effectively shop at the grocery store. I’d always walk into the store with good intentions. I’d buy a lot of things, hoping I would somehow use all of them. I rarely did.
Plan To Eat makes this a lot easier through simple entry of recipes, integration with multiple devices, and automatically-generated shopping lists. If you use my affiliate link, you will get access to hundreds of our personal simple, quick, and tasty recipes.
I hope this has been helpful. What types of productivity devices or technologies do you use in your routine to get the most out of your day?